

So much going on lately! Busy and even more busy! But life is good overall. Spring Break has been so fun and is still happening! I love focusing fully on my 'mommy' duties! Can't find my USB cord to download pics so those will come later.
We kicked off the break by going up and spending some time in Prescott/Chino Valley with the Johnson family. Family came in town and we played for a couple of days together. Ben and I stayed in a local hotel that had a pool and the kids were so excited to stay in a 'hotel'! Big deal in their world---hee! They swam a few times and I loved watching Abby and Tyler play all sorts of games together in the pool! We had the opportunity to go to a local lake which was beautiful! The day was so nice and the kids loved every second of it! There was even snow left over and we hiked over to it and the kids threw snow balls at Grandpa Johnson and their uncles. I was the only aunt that went on the hike and the kids were too nice to me!
Since we have been back we celebrated Benji's birthday! We had cupcakes, gifts at a park a couple of days before his birthday! He turned 3! We love him and I can't believe that it has been three years since he came to us! At 3, he loves his family and friends, he has constant energy, he runs everywhere he goes, he loves cars, superheros, anything to do with Toy Story, he loves playing with Tyler, he has a best friend named 'Brody', he loves to laugh and asks 'why' to everything and attaches 'me' when explaining anything about him--"me, like Superman!" Cutest thing! We love him to pieces and we feel blessed to have him in our life!
A Memory on his birthday March 18, 2011.
"Nana took him for a special date on his birthday day. She let him pick out some birthday gifts and I asked him how he liked going with Nana--just him and he said that 'Nana is the bestest!'
We feel blessed that many people love Benji!
We met 'daddy' after work and went to Jason's Deli where Benji got to pick out what to eat (which was pizza and chocolate milk) then he got a big ice cream cone!
We were able to visit cousins up in North Phoenix and spend the day swimming, digging for treasure and playing! Uncle Justin and Katey had a house warming pool party this past weekend and we are so happy they moved here! Ben was especially excited for Justin to move here. Justin and Ben really get along and have fun together.
We then played at the zoo with an old friend from Kindergarten. I can't believe that we stayed in touch all this time. She has 3 cute little boys and we had a great time. She now lives in Austin Texas but she comes and visits Phoenix every few months. It was such a beautiful day and the animals were out making noise!:)
The next day I had a play date with a few of my friends here in Queen Creek at my house! We ordered pizza and kids played on the tramp and everywhere while the mom's chatted away!
Then to end the Spring Break Madness, Ben and I had the opportunity to celebrate 24 hours without the kids for our 10 year anniversary! (Thanks to Mom and Dad Hill for taking our kids!)
Ben and I went to a movie, had dinner, played in the hotel pool, slept in, went to a Barbecue Festival which was so fun by the way--Ben and I love to cook and love Barbecue.
The kids loved their time with Nana and Papa. They met Justin and Katey for dinner the first night and played in hot tub of course! Then Nana made them pancakes and eggs which is a treat because I don't do that so often..They went to a park which has a gigantic fountain, had a picnic, went on a jeep ride, ect...... They all got upset when they had to come meet us because they didn't want to come home.:( I am glad they make so many memories with their grandparents!
Now everyone is back on track and on schedule! Loved Spring Break and love my time with my kids!
No comments:
Post a Comment