Proud Momma of Three Little Ones

Monday, November 17, 2008

Ode to my Mom


ok, I am probably going to embarrass my 'mom' but I wanted to do an ode to her! She is now enjoying a week in Mexico in which I am totally jealous, but she clearly deserves it so much more than me for too many reasons to list at this point! There are times and seasons for everything in life to experience and hopefully we won't miss those boats when they sail our way! This lesson I learned from my wise mother. No, it is not mother's day or her birthday, but just a normal day in my life and hers, but I feel overwhelmed to express my love to her for so many things!
When I was little I loved my family and was a happy little girl. Mom was there at every turn in my little life -- she kept me safe and tried to keep me happy! When I was a teenager things changed with me not her! Of course, I didn't see that then, but do now! She still kept me safe and tried to make me happy, but I thought I knew everything. Then I went to college and discovered really how much she meant to me! Our relationship started to change into a friendship too! I so looked forward to calling her on Sundays and in the early years of college, I would precede to cry when I got off the phone wishing I could close my eyes and be home for the 'yummy' Sunday dinner they were having while I was having white rice with soy sauce because at 19 I hadn't discovered how to shop or cook very well!

Well, I got married some years later and leaned on her even more for motherly support and her friendship through my early years of my marriage because we all know it is a learning curve at first! In my mothers infinite wisdom she was there enough all those times, but also let me live my life and have my ups and downs! And she was there for it all in the 'background'!

Ah, I became a mother for the first time years back and of course I looked at my mother with even more shock and awe --- I can't believe you mothered five of these!
Now, I am a realist and know that my mother is not perfect and wasn't of all my growing up years, but she 'in my eyes' is pretty close! She has a good heart! She has learned when to be my friend and when to be my 'mom' in this life right now to her daughter of almost 31 who is married and has three kids of her own. I look to her for her good example in so many things daily that I go through. I draw on her strength now and even way back then when I was that happy little 8 year old!
She has ultimately given me such a great gift in life - herself as my mom and friend!
Bless her always - she is such a strength to me and I love her always!

1 comment:

Parker Family said...

That is nice about your mom. So true about mothers.

I didn't get the e-mail you sent about babysitting what was it about? E-mail me- helenaparker@hotmail.com

I don't think I have your actual e-mail address. I need to get it.