The Summer Break went by so fast. I say break because 'summer' weather is still here and here to stay for a few more months!
It went by faster than I anticipated! We (the kids and I-- and Ben when he wasn't working) had a good time! It was nice at first to be on no particular schedule on a daily basis but then it started to get old! I felt at times that we were stuck in our 'bear cave' hybernating! :)
So, I made a decision to get out at least once a day for an outing! We took library trips which in turn were good but we had a few mishaps with a certain someone on top of a library bookshelf! Craziness! I wonder who that could've been...
It so nice to have my sister in laws around too! We met up several times at pools and each others houses for Sunday dinner! The 'cousins' played hard and good and we 'girls' chatted it up as usual!
If you haven't seen to grown brothers doing an Indian Leg wrestle, you have missed out!
We also had the opportunity to see other family like my sister 'besty', aunts, 'my' cousins with their kids and also the kids got spend time with their grandparents! This was especially exciting because they had over nights with both sets... Nana and Papa Hill and Grandma and Grandpa Johnson. Either time they didn't want to come home and kept talking about how much FUN they had! Parents are so boring compared to GRANDPARENTS!
Swimming was the true 'hero' of the summer and we did a lot of it this time! Community, friend and family pools were a hit with all of them! Benji started out scared to death of the pool and now swims like a fish and jumps to swim to the side.
We of course did our famous trips to Target! Popcorn and a slush anyone!
Can't forget our 2dollar movies on Tuesdays and our Summer Fun Passes to Harkins every Monday!
I didn't think the Trampoline would be of use this summer but they got their bathing suits on and jumped with the 'hose' on Blast! :)
It proved to be an adventurous summer break for the kids!
No comments:
Post a Comment