Proud Momma of Three Little Ones

Monday, September 22, 2008

Ok, we had a great time! I am exhausted, but it was really fun! Pinetop was beautiful. Weather was perfect! The kids played and played with their cousins. We went to Paradise Creek Friday. I haven't been there in years and it was amazing -very green! The kids took a little walk up the creek and saw 'cows' which to five and three year olds are so exciting. They also fished which I thought they wouldn't get into, but they kept casting out over and over again! Although, they didn't understand whey they were not catching fish.. Abby kept telling me there were no fish in the creek or the lake! I just had to tell her that was part of fishing we sometimes can fish all day and not catch one! It's still fun, though, right? ( Well, I am not a big fisherman, but if the kids like it, then that works for me?)Friday night the kids were running around so excited to be in the mountains and together. Grandma and Grandpa had a fishing game and they each 'fished' out a little prize (flashlights for the boys and little dolly's for the girls). We as parents, the adults, tried to be fun after the kids went down, but we were so tired we just went to bed because we all knew the kiddos would be waking up as soon as the sun came up!
Saturday we hiked behind the cabin and the kids found a cool 'homemade' fort. Then, we headed off to the lake where we canoed, had a great picnic, fished and took snoozes in our camping chairs. We found a great Ramada down by the lake and it was so 'picturesque' looking out into the lake through the wooded trees. Saturday night the kids made hats (that grandma provided) and we had a fire and smores. Sunday we had a great breakfast and relaxed before we had to leave! Everything was so organized and I appreciated all the help that everyone did to make our 'Sam Johnson Reunion' a success!





No comments: