Proud Momma of Three Little Ones

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Inspired!


Windows of Heaven by Emily McPhie

This is morning I was reading my sister in law, Amy's blog and felt inspired! I was reading the Ensign the other day and enjoying the paintings depicted. Paintings can be testimonies of our beliefs! Certain paintings have moved my soul and given me such divine inspiration in my life. I have always loved art and know that God has given certain people the gifted hand!

I was touched by many of these artist's renditions of different gospel principles, scriptures references and so forth.

The above painting "Windows of Heaven" by Emily McPhie is so beautiful and serene of how most mothers feel about their children. So, to my sister in law who is such a good mom and who loves her kids with all her heart. Our children our gifts from our Heavenly Father.

Emily McPhie said about the painting-- "Looking at my little girl took my breath away and brought tears to my eyes. It was as if the windows of heaven opened through her eyes and poured out love and light."

Love and light that is what each child has within them because they are from our maker. It is up to us to foster this love and light and keep it burning within them.

J

2 comments:

Parker Family said...

This was a good blog. Thanks!

Amy J said...

Awww...thanks, Jen! It touches me to know that you (and Ben : )) are there for us. I know you guys have your struggles, too, but you're good parents and it's nice to have others you can trust with your kids because you see how they are with theirs.