Today was a busy day from the start, but a productive day! Right at the beginning of the day I had a meeting with the best girls ever (those I serve with), then off to volunteering at the kids school (which was very nice and I am glad to do it when I can--by the way 'a big thanks to Kim for watching Benji for me so I could do it), then pick the kids up from school and head home for awhile. As soon as we get home, I get a call from Mason's (my nephew) school-- he needed to get picked up from school, but his parents were working so I was happy to go get him and help out.
Here comes the surprise! I then put the kids in the car and off we go to get Mason. When I walk into the nurses office, Mason greets me with a warm --"Hello, Aunt Jen good to see you (smiling from ear to ear)"--- It was so sweet and I realized how wonderful it is that he knows me so well and is comfortable with me enough to come with me and be happy about it! I am proud to be Mason's aunt!
Another surprise! The kids get to play with each other all afternoon... Mason told me he has been thinking how nice it would be to come over sometime and play with Tyler and Abby and so today happen to be the day by accident!:)
J
3 comments:
I'm glad my kids are comfortable with you guys, too. Mason enjoyed getting to see you guys today. Thanks a million - you helped us a lot!
Ahh, that is so sweet. What a good Aunt you are, too.
Glad I could help out!
Post a Comment