Proud Momma of Three Little Ones

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

A Happy Old Man?!


Every morning or early evening I see this older man in our neighborhood. And actually he lives about 4 or 5 blocks north of us, but when I drive or go walking he is always out. He always waves and when we walk he says hello or makes a nice comment on the family or kids. He is always does yard work. His house is by the park so he is seen often picking up or sweeping around the park. I also see him taking small walks down the street, broom in hand, talking with other neighbors or sweeping rocks off the sidewalks ect.. This morning I even saw him on another street sweeping again, waving again. Amazing! It actually brightens my spirits when I see him. Here is a man that has lived a long time and probably experienced many different times, old, retired and always chipper wanting his surroundings to be better. It got me thinking about how I should be and what kind of person I want to be more often!


---Thanks to the happy old man down the street, broom in hand!:)


J

1 comment:

Parker Family said...

I love it. I think we need to go back to the ways of the older generation caring about our community and helping others.