Proud Momma of Three Little Ones

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Where is the Cooler Weather?

Where is the cooler weather? Well, at least 100 or under would be nice. I feel like that is not asking much.

We had family night last night, after we jumped in the car for some ice cream at McDonald's. The kids get a kick out of it so we don't need anything fancy. Well, Ben and I were chatting, the kids were playing. I notice a lady with books everywhere, note cards, pens, ect. I kinda felt bad we were sitting right by her, but it is a public place.

Anyhow, we were talking about getting Master's degrees and Abby walks up. We told her that is important to do well in school so you can do what you want when you grow up. I asked her what she wanted to do? Nurse, teacher, ect... Well, the lady behind overheard and she put her two cents in.

"Well, I've been a teacher and now I am studying to be a nurse." Wow! She went on to say that she got her Master's in Education too. I thought to myself why do this, but I guess she wasn't into teaching anymore.

As we talked more, I learned that she was almost done in Feb. and she has three small kids(7,6 and 2). She is in the accelerated program for Nursing too which is none stop. She comes to Mcd's because that is where she can study without being around her kids for concentration.

I thought more about her and her dedication to what she wanted to do. She looked even older than I and she was moving on to do something else amongst her crazy life that she was in with her kids and her husband that isn't making enough mula!

Needless to say, I felt a little lazy.. Like get up and do something! Everyone is different and such, but I also felt inspired! I know that if I put my mind to something I truly wanted to do or accomplish even with regular life going--I KNOW I COULD DO IT!

2 comments:

Parker Family said...

You can totally do it! I tell myself all the time that I can't but its been 3 years now and I am still trucking along. At least when you finish it will be a masters. I keep meaning to give you a phone number. Chris gave me Josh's work number he can tell you all about the different Business programs. It's his favorite, I like him also. I can give you a different number if you want also. Just call and talk to him and get ideas of ones that you would want to do. Hurry and get it done so you can teach at home. I was thinking the more common/popular the degree the more likely you will be able to teach those classes.

Josh
602-387-8445

Anyway thought I would give my two cents.

Karlea said...

I loved reading your post because I think it's how so many moms feel. I know I think about the things I "could" be doing every day or the things I want to do "at some point in my life." I have a sweet friend who says "times and seasons" a lot. I love it because it kind of grounds me to the present. Of all the things I want to do and could be doing, I'm doing this now and loving it. And so are you. Kids and teaching preschool, doing a calling, being a wife, plus the many other things I KNOW you're doing are not chump change. You're doing a lot more then you're giving yourself credit for and when all your kids are in school and you're enrolled in some fabulous master's program...I'm guessing you'll miss this!!! Ahhhh...such is life. What master's program do you want to do? We did undergrad together...we should make a date for grad school too!!! We are an AWESOME school team!!!

Hugs!!!